We are hiring for the following position(s) at this time. If you feel your qualifications make you a good candidate for a career at ELC, please complete the employment application. Depending upon your experience and education, you may be considered for a future position.
The Early Learning Coalition of Brevard County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Early Learning Coalition of Brevard!
FAMILY SERVICES/ ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: HR@elcbrevard.org
POSTING CLOSE DATE: Friday, June 23, 2023 11:59pm EST
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: You may be required to provide your Social Security Number to conduct required verifications. You must also possess a valid driver’s license.
- Determines eligibility for School Readiness services in accordance with Florida Statute, Administrative Code, and state and local policies and procedures.
- Collects required documentation to verify income, family size, birth dates, and any other required eligibility documentation. Accurately determines parent fees based on the information collected.
- Manages DCF referrals and referring worker follow up to ensure referrals are received and complete according to rule.
- Completes enrollments, transfers and terminations in the SSIS ensuring correct care levels , schedules and fee assignments
- Monitor SSIS queues for incoming alerts that require case action/follow up
- Follow up with providers by communicating relevant information related to enrollments, transfers and terminations Provides in-person and telephone technical assistance with families to explain how to navigate and or workaround a technical issue in the SSIS.
- Processes eligibility with an accuracy rate that correlates to years of experience.
- Provides resource and referral services for parents and caregivers as delineated by the State of Florida Child Care Resource and Referral Program requirements. Provides unbiased, computer generated referrals for traditional and non-traditional child care options based on the client’s individual circumstances and preferences. Completes a CCR&R intake form in the SSIS in the database of all parent/family inquiries.
- Provides in-person and telephone consultations with families and inform clients of School Readiness and/or VPK rules, policies and procedures.
- Follows up on Non attending children when reported by provider and/or reimbursement
- Actively participates in all ELCB required training programs and staff meetings to stay up-to-date on all local, state and federal rules and regulations relating to child care.
- Actively calls families in pending update to review the process and documents needed for a successful redetermination or review.
- On a daily basis, manages spreadsheet which identifies all upcoming redeterminations and reviews. Specialist is required to determine appropriate case actions based on specific circumstances and knowledge of funding categories.
- Double checks one’s own work for accuracy
- Fraud research/investigation – Reports any suspicion of fraud to Administrator
- Collaborates with Screening & Assessment Specialists to ensure that the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) or other state approved screening tool has been completed during the initial determination of eligibility process for all children served from birth to kindergarten entry (66 months).
- Participates in outreach events
- Cover front desk duties, as assigned
- Case corrections
- Waiting list management/ Generates funding notification
- Follows the Coalition policy and procedure on reporting claims of abuse and/or neglect.
- Offer ideas and suggestions for enhanced program delivery
- Manages leave appropriately and accurately records activities on timesheet.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office products; applicable federal, state, and local laws related to the School Readiness, VPK and CCR&R programs. Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with coworkers, providers, and partnering agencies.
Skilled in: detail orientation, organizational skills, Multi-tasking, as well as effective communication verbally and in writing.
Ability to: communicate effectively and efficiently with all departments and represent the Coalition in a highly professional manner; maintain a high level of confidentiality, manage time efficiently; work with minimal supervision, multi task, track and follow through on time sensitive tasks, identify discrepancies in information provided.
Must possess a valid Florida’s driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance policy.
A mandatory drug screening and background check will be performed on the successful application.
Associates degree in relevant field.
Preferred BS in social work, or psychology or BA in business administration, public administration, non-profit management, business management or similar relevant field*. Partial degree completion will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
*An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the requirements above as approved by the Executive Director.
Salary is determined based on education, experience, or a combination of.
Please use this link to apply for this position: https://form.jotform.com/202575203477152